Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Triskaideka


I was born on 1979.

The year Brenda Ann Spencer of San Diego California open fired, killing 2 of her teachers and injuring 8 of her classmates, just because she "hates Mondays."

1979 was also the year Mother Theresa got her Nobel Prize for Peace and Ozzy Osbourne was tagged as the Prince of Darkness.

One Child Policy in China was implemented and Seattle Supersonics won over Washington Bullets for the NBA Championship Ring (now that's something you dont get to hear very often!).

It was the year of the 30 minute snow at Sahara desert, the year LA passed their Gay and Lesbian Civil Rights Bill, the collapse of Pol Pot and the title of Smashing Pumpkin's most heard-of song ever.

The year I was born...the end of the Generation X...the 13th generation.

I am the end of Generation X but I am from that era nonetheless. Pragmatic, perceptive, savvy and amoral. This is me.

Keen in discernment with as-a-matter-of-fact approach...shrewd. Undistinguished morality or immorality.

Grunge, filthy with my jeans torn-up, garage noise passing up as heavy metal music. Soundgarden...Pearl Jam....Nirvana.

The rich deep tone of Chris Cornell with Black Hole Sun...the angst-filled voice of Eddie Vedder with Jeremy.... and that slurred narcotic-sated sound of Kurt Cobain singing In Bloom.

The slackers...the baby busters...the nomads...the awakened.

I am the end of the non-digitized people.

The Triskadeika generation...We are...I am Generation the 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment