Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hang-ups, Krip and Once Again Kurt Cobain was Killed at Magnet


When does a day officially ends?

A typical Monday almost came to its doldrum end when suddenly I received an SMS from a friend. It was almost a month since I last heard from him with a message that said, " Ang hirap mo namang ayain.", which nudged the paranoid in me that he's a bit "tampo".

He is actually a sub-friend, if there is even such a word. He's a friend of a friend or rather, to put it more accurately, he's a friend of a guy-friend whom I had deep emotional issues with.

He was bored and feeling a bit under the blues. He cannot find somebody who's willing to share a drink with him on a Monday night and still not a total wino-head to talk to. Here's the dilemma, I was kind of looking forward to a ho-hum Monday night (as what all Mondays should be) and the paranoid guilt trip I had when I repeatedly turned him down a couple of times before....decisions...decisions...

The Paranoid Me won provided it'll be reasonably near. It was around 10pm when I met him at Magnet Katipunan which is just a sec of a drive from where I live. Smoking wasn't allowed upstairs so we settled outside along with a few chimney-mouthed individuals. We filled each with updates and stories that seemed lost along those years that we haven't heard or seen each other. I was casually having fun until our common friend was brought up. It was inevitable I guess. He asked why it didn't develop...flourish...or work out. Bakit nga ba?

For one, we'll surely clash. We're too much the same to work it out. Another is, he's a pricking maarte and I am a schizo with the blues, which from the last time I checked, is a bad combination. But still....

The night went on. Krip Yuson sat at the table behind us and we caught a glimpse of his brilliance... the amateur band played good songs, it was just too bad their voices sucked. Seal's A Kiss from a Rose was sung then they went on with Rape Me of Kurt Cobain. I almost saw, among my empty bottles, the already-dead Nirvana vocalist lying at the floor as the Magnet's band singer repeatedly pulled a few more shots of ammo to his head. Patay na, binaril pa ulit!

Tsk tsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment